5 Stages of a Company's In-house Drone Programme
After 1,000's of conversations with commercial drone/RPAS/UAV teams, across various industries (mining, utilities, construction, surveying, oil & gas, facility maintenance etc.) - we have identified a glaringly consistent trend and journey that all teams appear to follow.
Starting from the transition of outsourcing their operations, all the way to scaling a highly integrated and sophisticated enterprise wide programme.
What the 5 Stages?
The FlyFreely team have now segmented this journey into 5 stages, to help organisations better understand, diagnose and improve their drone programme's efficiency and ROI to the business.These stages include:
- Starting Out
- Seeking Improvement
- Standardising Operations
- Scaling Operations
- Sustaining Operations
Check out this webinar, as we unpack each of the 5 stages, including that they look like, what the challenges are to be aware of, and what you should be focusing on to help elevate your operations to the next stage.
Click below to access your Free Company Drone Programme - Industry Benchmark Analysis.📌Takes less than 5 mins to complete! 📌Data from over 1,000's of companies 📌Receive customised results & feedback instantly!
Summary of Video's Key Points:
The key idea of the video is that implementing and managing a company drone program involves progressing through different stages, overcoming challenges, and focusing on areas such as validation, standardization, scalability, and sustainability.
- 00:00 🚁 A webinar discussing the five stages of a company drone program and how it can help organizations, led by the founder and CEO who has extensive experience in the industry.
- 02:53 🚁 Determining the stage of a company's drone program is important to know what areas to focus on, with stages including seeking improvement, standardizing, scaling, and sustaining, involving validating use cases, learning best practices, driving consistency, improving efficiency, and maintaining the setup.
- 06:29 🚁 Companies start in-house drone programs with personal drones to prove value and potential use cases, facing challenges like lack of training and perception of drones as toys, with goals of ROI and management support for wider rollout.
- 08:33 🚁 Implementing a company drone program involves overcoming budget constraints, gaining support from other departments, proving the value of drones, and creating a long-term strategy for executive approval, starting with basic management and control systems.
- 11:22 🚁 Implement standardized procedures and electronic management systems to streamline operations and overcome challenges in managing drone programs, allowing for scalability and more complex operations.
- 14:28 🚁 Managing a company drone program requires overseeing a dispersed team, data management, training, maintenance planning, and tracking, with clear roles, alignment, and knowledge retention being crucial for sustainability.
- 17:01 🚁 Implementing a company drone program requires effective change management and involves challenges such as regulatory approval, system integration, knowledge sharing, and efficient technology deployment, all of which can be supported by their platform.
- 19:53 📝 The speaker provides a free benchmark tool to assess and improve a company's drone program, offering practical steps to progress to the next stage and suggesting a follow-up consultation after 12 months.
Have any questions or interested to see how FlyFreely might be able to help - Reach out to our team for more information.